Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
i want to stop masterbating(masturbating)?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

i want to stop masterbating(masturbating)?

hey !!
i hv a prob of marterbating .i want to stop it.wenever i do this i feel alone n thinks that why cnt i control  this ???? i need ur help ple help me out n i ll b ur thankfull. and i dont hv conrol over me to stop it i hv try to stop it many times bt i m failed.....i would also like to knw its effects on oue body?
Related Discussions
523042_tn?1212181495
Whyever would you want to stop something that feels so good? The fact that your body wants to do this should tell you that it's an important part of your physiology.

Almost everyone feels insecure about masturbation—or self-pleasuring. We all want to know that what WE do is OK. From your note, it looks like you feel that it’s somehow harmful or wrong. It sounds like you’re worried that self-pleasuring is some kind of “condition” or illness or that it will have a negative effect on your body. Not true.

There are no data to indicate that self-pleasuring is in any way harmful or that there's an optimum number of times per day, or an age to start or stop, or any of the other myths you're likely to hear. In fact, most peoples' "facts" about self-pleasuring are really just uninformed opinions based on fear and misinformation.

Everyone is different, and everyone has differing sexual interests. There’s no optimum rate of self-pleasuring. For some of us, three times a day is just right, while for others, three times a year is all they desire—and everything in between.

Please stop worrying and enjoy your life. Accept self-pleasuring as a wonderful gift that keeps on giving.

Here are some facts about self-pleasuring:

It’s the surest way to orgasm and the most effective way to learn about our sexual response cycle, as well as the surest way men to learn orgasmic control.  If you feel you come too quickly, the surest way to slow down is to teach yourself a new pattern via self-pleasuring.

Another advantage is self-knowledge: How can you show a partner what you like if you don’t know yourself?

And the #1 reason for self-pleasuring: it’s fun!

Self-pleasuring is a part of who you are sexually—for your whole life, not just when you don’t have a partner. People self-pleasure from birth to death, when they’re alone and when they’re partnered. It’s just one of many options we have as sexual beings. It’s not better or worse than partner sex, just different—like steak is different than chicken.

Remember that all our scientific data show that the people who take responsibility for their OWN pleasure have the best sex lives and rate themselves as happiest about their sexuality. So stop worrying and accept yourself and your sexuality. Dr. J
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank