Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
is a narrow urethra hereditary?

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

is a narrow urethra hereditary?

im not sure, but i think my father had a narrow urethra, making it hard for him to have kids. Long story short, me and my best friend had sex one night (big mistake), and now she is pregnant and due in June. I just found out that there is a possibility that i could be the father. When i ejaculate, not alot of semen comes out. I'm wondering if maybe i have a narrow urethra? hopefully this is the case as i am not ready to have kids yet, im only 20. Any info would help, im trying to put my mind at ease.
Ah, we're always looking for a way out... If only...

Whether you have a narrow urethra has nothing to do with your ability to produce enough sperm for impregnating someone. It only takes 1 very determined sperm, with a few helpers. The average ejaculation contains 40 million to 600 million sperm--narrow urethra or not.

I hope this scare will encourage you to select a form of birth control and risk reduction that works for you. A good way is to audition condoms, spermicides, etc. during self-pleasuring. Find something that feels comfortable and is within your budget. Remember that with great sex comes great responsibility. Dr. J