Erectile Dysfunction Community
no sex in two years-help

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

no sex in two years-help

Hello Doctor:  My husband has not been able to get it up in two years.  He is 64 years old.  Last year his PSA levels were spikeing but then they went down and so he just dropped it.  Otherwise he is very healthly.  He doesn't seem to care that he can't do it anymore.  We did try viagra once and it didn't do anything to him.  About 16 years ago he had that operation because he couldn't pee.  Could this have anything to do with it.  The urologist he saw last year didn't seem to care that he couldn't get it up, it was more of a lets get this psa thing taken care of.  He didn't tell him why he couldn't.  What kind of a doctor should I get him into if it is not a urologist?  Is there doctors that deal with hormores only?  Any other suggestions would be great because this wife is nine years younger than him and not ready to give it up yet.  Two years is longer enough for him to procrastinate. Appreciate any help you can give me.
He should see another urologist or at least go to his general physician or internist who may deal with this problem or refer him to another urologist.  There may or may not be a solution to his ED, but as it stands now it has not been fully addressed nor explained.
The most likely cause is diabetic neuropathy, and he needs a complete diabetic screen immediately. Alpha-lipoic acid has some value in restoring damage due to this neuropathy.
Think about this way: before Viagra was invented  not many man had sex in that age as your husband is now 64. So many interesting, smart, intellectual thing can replace sex ! :)And Viagra is not natural so I wont torture my husband if I was you. It is what it is!