Erectile Dysfunction Community
over masturbation problem?

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

over masturbation problem?

I'm 19 years old. I got into the habit of masturbation earlier this year, which I am not very proud of. When I first began everything was fine. I was getting firm erections all the time. I masturbated up to 4 times a day every day. Now I'm finding that I can't get an erection unless I begin masturbating, and even then it's not as firm as it used to be. It's almost as if my penis is too used to my hand to be aroused any other way. I hardly ever get morning erections, maybe once a week if I'm lucky. And I never got those random spontaneous erections anymore. I'm wondering/hoping if this is all just an outcome of masturbating too frequently. I really don't want to take any pills or drugs or anything. Do you think if I cut this habit that I will eventually cure myself?
same thing man, but im 15 and didnt masterbate quite that often. let me know if u figure anything out!
Same exact thing is happening to me. For the past two months this has been happening on and off. Ive recently been getting morning erections but they arent as hard, and also a lot of trouble sleeping. Before this I was masturbating a lot! probably everyday for 6 months, and some days up to 3 or times.

There are a lot of people out there who say you can jerk off all you want and nothing will happen. This is simply untrue, as I have recently been experiencing the consequences of so much abuse.

Best thing to do I've read is to lay off the masturbating and viewing of porn for a while. Ive read it could take 2-3 months, maybe even up to a year for your erections to return to normal. For a couple months cut out the masturbation. Then if things start getting a better ie. you start getting morning and random erections and can get aroused from a girl or porn, then keep your masturbating down to a couple times a week tops.

I wouldn't jump to taking drugs so quickly. It might be that you've strained or burned yourself out, so now you need time to recover. Think of it as an injury, you wouldnt play go play football right after dislocating your shoulder would you?

I hope this helps, let us know of any progress and improvements dude
you can and it sounds like you have been desensitizing your penis. stop completely for a while and usually sensations can return