Erectile Dysfunction Community
psychologcal E.D./S.A.D.D.

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

psychologcal E.D./S.A.D.D.

Ok.. im very sure that i know what the root of this problem is. I've been masturbating since i was 12, and watching porn since about 13 or 14. As of now i am 19 years old. I recently tried having sex twice with this woman, the first time a little drunk, the second time sober. I would get hard at first, but i then get limp in a matter of a minute or so. Now back to what i said about the porn/masturbation. Im sure that that made me too accustomed to pleasing myself through my own touch and fantasies. i recently decided to completely stop masturbating & watching porn. I guess my question would be... How long do you think it would take for me to recover my arousal of being with a real woman? (i'm also starting to do kegel exercises to try to improve my erection.)
First of all, I applaud you for your efforts in addressing this issue.  I'm 34 yrs old, and I've been masturbating since I was 8 yrs old.  And, needless to say, I've experienced E.D. quite a bit.  I've tried many times to quit, and it's definitely more psychological than anything else.

There was a time when I quit cold turkey for almost a year, and I felt great...no E.D. problems.  What helped was openly expressing all of my sexual interests, desires, needs, and ways that I liked to be touched to my partner, because years of touching myself and fantasizing created a certain required level of excitement in my mind.  And, if that level of excitement and thrill wasn't reached, I would find difficulty in performing.  I would mentally recall porn that aroused me tremendously, in the middle of having sex, to keep me aroused.  What also helped was focusing more on my partner's sexual needs and desires, and getting aroused that way.  But, when openness had dwindled over time, I slipped back to porn and masturbation for relief.  

Back to your question, I'm not sure there is a specific recovery time to this...every person will vary.  But, I believe that it is certainly possible, especially with an open, uninhibited partner.  Hope this helps.