Erectile Dysfunction Community
shrinking testicles

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

shrinking testicles

Hello, I'm a 46 yr old hispanic male, and have notice that my testicles are shrinking, I am also having problems with ED, can you offer any help.
Tags: Weight
Hello Sir,

The etiologies of shrinking testicles could be numerous, usually hormonal or testosterone imbalances will cause this problem. Are you taking any medications? Are you taking any steroids? Are you a heavy weight lifter? A proper history and physical examination will be required to determine why your testicles are shriking. Also factors like underwear are important as well. If they have become significantly smaller than the were previously, you should consult a urologist. If you have been taking any kinds of medications which are not for severe medical problems (diabetes, hypertension), or taking herbal supplements, discontinue them and see what happens. If you should experience more shrinking/severe pain/or cold sensation to your scrotum, there could be a vascular compromise to your blood flow and an ultrasound of your testicles would be required.

Thanks!
Thank you...Yes, I'm taking med for high blood pressure and diabetes...no I'm not taking steriods and I'm not a heavy weight lifter, I lift weight but nothing really heavy because I have had several back surgerys...I'm also experencing ED issues..Since the age of 13,  I was told by a dr. that my scrotum was small but nothing was ever done about it...testie were always big, but now they are less then half there normal size. I live in NJ, wish you were located closer.you seem to be the answer to my prayers...
Hello Sir,

If your testicles are half the size they used to be, studies would be appropriate. It is possible that you have an endocrine problem (problems with hormones) but it does not seem like vascular compromise is suspicious. You should have your circulating testosterone levels checked, in addition to FSH and LH levels. Consultation with a urologist in your area is probably the appropriate way to begin, a proper history and physical exam will be necessary, especially if you are now experiencing erectile dysfunction. At this time it seems as though it is a hormonal imbalance, and not as a result of hypertension and diabetes, but without a full evaluation, it is not possible for me to determine.

Thanks! Let me know if we can provide any additional help.
hi doctor
           i am 42 years old and abot 1 year ago or so my size of penus and testie both have shrunk to less than half size.kindly help
do you have a phone number to reach you or can you e mail me at
***@**** please.
i am taking  motrin to relieave the neck pain about 2 times a week.
i used pseudaminafine(nasal decingession )for 3 years everyday not anymore .
i still take herbal spectrum for digestion once in a while.
i lift bags at the aitline counter consistantly for 7 hrs a day and 5 days a week.
kindly advise what to do about this problem,it embarrising.
kindly advise me please.
i will be obliged
thank you
jagannath
***@****
A related discussion, PENILE SURGERY was started.
i am haveing shrinking testicles as well and i need help,also weight loss and skin infections are added.
hi doc, im 20 im taking no meds, the skin in the scrotom area is always tight (like after u are in the water alot and the skin bunches up on your fingers it looks almost exactly like that there) and im having problems getting it up or keeping it up(i rarely feel horny or aroused much either) im wondering whats wrong or if theres something really wrong with me. ive been this way my whole life and i know its not normal.

looking for advice

looking for advice