Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
the size of vagina

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

the size of vagina

Dr J, is the size of vagina plays a role in men having pleasure during sex.
i'm married to a 45 year old woman and i'm 34. is there a great difference between the vagina of a teenager and an older woman? that feeling is somehow in my mind and i cant enjoy sex much. i feel that i need a younger girl so that i can have some tight vagina.
Hello.

I'm wondering why you're so obsessed about the size of your wife's vagina. It sounds to me like you feel conflicted about your age difference and are looking for something to criticize.

Everyone is different, and everyone ages differently. There are some 45-year-old women whose vaginas are exactly the same as when they were teenagers, and there are some teenagers whose vaginal muscles aren’t as tight as those of older women. And everything in between.

I’m wondering how much sexual experience you’ve had with women of various ages and why you’re comparing your wife to others and worrying about this. Are you not receiving enough physical stimulation during penis-vagina sex? If so, do you know why that is?

It’s also true that childbirth can damage vaginal muscles and contribute to them feeling “loose” unless a woman does Kegel exercises to strengthen her muscle tone after childbirth. I don’t know if this is true for your wife, but if so, the two of you may find it helpful to discuss this.

You need to ask yourself these questions, because it’s possible that this problem is something you’ve created in your mind for some reason. It’s possible that you’re dissatisfied with your relationship for some other reason, and so you’re looking for a reason—it’s also possible that you had limited sexual experience before marriage and are now wondering if you missed out on something. And there are many other possibilities—too many for me to speculate about.

You say you feel you want a younger woman. If that’s so, only you know the REAL reason for that. Perhaps it’s cultural, or something else I can’t possibly speculate about because I don’t know you. Dr. J
Dr J, thanks a lot fo reply. you are right, i did not have experience of sex before marriage. whatever i had was very negligible. and i did not have sex until i was 29 because of cultural thinking. so i think that's why i'm a failure in sex with my wife because i lost the best time in life while i was a teenager by not having sex. i cannot last longer and i'm very disappointed. at times, i feel that i should tell my wife to satisfy herself with somebody else. she loves me i know that. that's why i get scared to have sex because i feel that i'm simply wasting her time. instead, i think i should masturbate and dont waste her time.
thank you very much.
Dr J, i think the main reason i think that my wife's vagina is not right because i do not have tight physical stimulation. may be my penis size is not right for her. either way, there is very less physical stimulation during p-v sex. what's the solution for this?