Esophageal Cancer Community
At risk for Esophogeal / Stomach Cancer but do not know what to do!

WELCOME TO THE ESOPHAGEAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Cancer of the Esophagus, Prognosis and Treatment Options.

I am 47 yr old female, have a hx or GERD, IBS, and ulcers. My father died at 61 related to esophogeal/stomach cancer that went undetected until Stage IV (four). They kept mis-diagnosing him (vertigo, and ridiculous things) which I do have by the way (vertigo) until finally an MRI found tumors on his brain stem...it had matasticized? Even after whole brain radiation, chemo etc...it took his life. My stomach hurts all the time, (constantly hungry, constant burning) even water gives me heart burn?! What should I do?
Well....I guess I'll figure it out...first things first....I've got a thyroid issues that's apparently wanting to be "addressed" first... It would have been great to hear back from one person out there....? :(
I dont understand it either. I just dont understand why some doctors dont take these symptoms seriously. Ive had some symptoms recently and just created a post about it, and one of my concerns is the fact that the doc is showing no sense of urgency whatsoever despite the fact that I may be catching a cancer early .... Ive been having to diagnose MYSELF for the most part, only to have him confirm it and give me meds for it...
With the technology we have today via the internet, we can usually find what is wrong with us and go to the doctor with our findings.  I would just "Google" all of your symptoms until you find the answer. Good Luck to you!