Esophageal Cancer Community
DO I HAVE ESOPHEGAL CANCER??
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ESOPHAGEAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Cancer of the Esophagus, Prognosis and Treatment Options.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

DO I HAVE ESOPHEGAL CANCER??

Hey everyone,

Im a 22 year old Male, and Im very worried about the possibility of having esophegeal cancer.

I catch myself burping very frequently, some days I gag 10 times a day, I've had chronic coughing for a year or so. I also have recently developed this strange but mild persistent back pain; this usually happens at random times of the day, and especially when I swallow food. I also tend to clear my throat a lot.

So far ive had a chest xray done, 7 blood tests and an abdomen ultrasound. We have found nothing.

No gallstones, no H pylori, no ulcers etc etc

Could it be possible that I have esophegal cancer? I've told my doctor about this concern and he just keeps saying "Dont worry, at your age, its very rare to have it"

But then what the hell do I have? Is the doctor just not taking me seriously?

Any advice would be much appreciated.