Esophageal Barretts
I was told 4 years ago I have this, not cancer but could possible turn to cancer ,well I have been takin only anti acids medicines is the meds I was given.He last checked with scope said my tummy was at the point of bleeding .I have not been back to be checked fear of the out come and money reasons.  Does this cause the destintion in your tummy to the point you look 6 months?If so serious why just give me protonix
             Thanks for any help
            brighteyes
Hey, sorry to hear you have Barretts, but look on the bright side, it's a damn good thing they found out before it was malignant. My father passed away from esophageal cancer 5 years ago, but it was because he DIDN'T get anything treated, and by the time they had discovered something was amiss the cancer had already spread to his liver. Don't be afraid of going to the Dr., esophageal cancer takes years to grow, so if he checked you out six months ago and everything was fine, then the worst it could be right now is a stage 1 or 2, which both have good prognoses. And to be honest, it's probably not cancer. Don't wait though...seriously, as I said, if it is cancer, then it's in it's early stages, and it's VERY treatable, but anything stage 3 or 4 is not something to f**k with, so get in there as soon as you can. Also, take Proton Pump Inhibitors. After I found out I had GERD I made sure to get something effective, and that's about as effective as you can get. Protonix is good, but I use Prilosec.

And here's something else I read. Only 10% of Barretts patients end up developing esophageal cancer, so it is still unlikely. But regardless, see a Dr. and get some PPI's.