Esophageal Cancer Community
Intermittent sore throat

WELCOME TO THE ESOPHAGEAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Cancer of the Esophagus, Prognosis and Treatment Options.

Intermittent sore throat

I've had a sore throat off and on (mostly on) for about 3 weeks now. I went to the doctor last Friday and was prescribed Biaxin 500mg twice per day. I've been doing this for 5 days now and ther's been no improvement. The pain seems to move around my throat and neck area but iws always intense. Yesterday it was below the larnyx and today it`s mostly below my ear on the left side. Last Saturday was the last day that I had little or no pain. I`ve noticed, for about 4 to 5 months now that when I lay in a certain position(s), I get a gurgling sound when I breathe. I had a sore throat about 9 years ago that lasted for 3 months. I went to an ENT and his scope showed my throat was clear. I could hardly believe it after the discomfort I had endured and for so long. Sure enough though it did clear up. I didn`t have the gurgling sound then though. This is causing me added worry. Is this probably something that will clear up in time? I was a pach a day smoker for 35 years and in the last 5 years I've cut down to less than a pack a week. The last week or so I've not smoked at all. If I get through this scare unscathed I will quit for good. Any one have any thoughts?