Esophageal Cancer Community
Throat Vitals Scar

WELCOME TO THE ESOPHAGEAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Cancer of the Esophagus, Prognosis and Treatment Options.

Throat Vitals Scar

Hi Community family,

I wen to the radiologist stst per my heart specialist. In radiology I saw a big white spot on the xray and asked the radiologist what it was and he said nothing. I have been taking allergy shots for almost two years and the roof of my mouth still itch along with my throat that when rubbed makes the nodes get real big. NOTHING is working. I know I need to find and review those xrays with my primary doctor and not a tech,,,,,getting nervous about throat cancer.

Any suggestions community family?

Marie
Hi Marie!

I can understand your apprehensions. Depending on the location a white spot can be an artifact (came during processing) or your lung’s hilar area (normal finding) or bony attachment of ribs. Also the patch can be tubercular or pneumonic. At times allergic bronchitis gives patchy picture. Without viewing the film, its just a shot in the dark. So, please review with your doctor.

Regarding your throat symptoms, apart from allergy, the symptoms can be due to gastric reflux causing acid burn on roof of your mouth. You can take omeprazole and antacid gels and see if it helps. Also, discuss this possibility with your doctor. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.