cause for concern?
Good Morning

I am a 35 year old female. Non smoker, occasional drinker.

In Sept 2009 I got a cold..with the virus I found my asthma which is usually very under contol became out of control I needed to use my inhalers every 4 hours. I reported this to my dr who gave me advair and advised to take this for 10 days. I was still needing to take the other inhaler as well. Within a few weeks I felt better.

I then got another cold. ( I have a three year old in daycare,lol) this time it did not seem to go away with time..the cough and runny nose did but after weeks it still felt like there was a lot of mucus in my throat and my asthma again was out of control.  I started to feel like I needed to clear my throat all the time and my voice became hoarse.Around this time I started to get a sore throat and pain when swallowing. I went back to the drs and was advised to take the advair again for 2 months. The dr had chest and sinus X-rays done and they are clear. Over the last few weeks my voice has started to grow hoarser and I can sometimes feel pain in my chest when swallowing. The dr has persbribed me a Proton Pump inhibitor for reflux. It has been several days and this has done nothing. Am I wrong in thinking that there should be a more thorough examination of my throat and esophagus? I know my history leads against it but could this not be a tumor causing this? I am getting frustrated at the constant and worsening symptoms and I know that the dr has to rule things out , but the medication for the reflux is not causing any improvements in the symptoms and my asthma symptoms are still bothersome. Previously I only ever needed to take inhalers when I was sick and now I need them everyday.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Christina