Exercise & Fitness Community
Back of head pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Back of head pain

I had this severe pain at the back of my head when I sit for a long time especially doing desk work and driving for at least 10 minutes tops. When I stand up and walk around for a few minutes, the pain will gradually go away and comes back again when I sit down again It only stops when I go to sleep. The pain started about a week ago. I have a history of migraine, athma and sinus. I had my slipped disk taken out 2 years ago and had to take pain killers for my back pain and migraine. Please advise.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Short term treatment would be pain killers and rest for couple of days and stay in a position which is comfortable. If it does not heal you have to visit an Orthopaedician.
Long term is ergonomics correction, proper footwear, proper chair while working, proper bed while sleeping, exercise of back and neck, proper position for day to day activities, control your weight and have balanced diet. Take care!