Exercise & Fitness Community
Back of head pain

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Back of head pain

I had this severe pain at the back of my head when I sit for a long time especially doing desk work and driving for at least 10 minutes tops. When I stand up and walk around for a few minutes, the pain will gradually go away and comes back again when I sit down again It only stops when I go to sleep. The pain started about a week ago. I have a history of migraine, athma and sinus. I had my slipped disk taken out 2 years ago and had to take pain killers for my back pain and migraine. Please advise.
Avatar dr m tn
Short term treatment would be pain killers and rest for couple of days and stay in a position which is comfortable. If it does not heal you have to visit an Orthopaedician.
Long term is ergonomics correction, proper footwear, proper chair while working, proper bed while sleeping, exercise of back and neck, proper position for day to day activities, control your weight and have balanced diet. Take care!
mishymoshymarcy There is a tiny part of me ... Comment
Avatar n tn
cracker420 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine