Exercise & Fitness Community
Began as strictly groin pain, now it seems to be other parts of the leg...

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Began as strictly groin pain, now it seems to be other parts of the leg.

Hello everyone. I've been reading through some of your posts using google search and finally decided to post my own issue.
I am truly hoping this is just a groin pull that I have.
This first started about 3 weeks ago with some pain in the groin, not into the testicles (as this seems important). I had difficulty when bending down to pick something up, and difficulty just trying to lift my right leg to walk. I figured it was a small pull, so I started exercising it and stretching it and went to a wedding reception. Come to find out, this was not a good idea. I went to see my "go to" guy, my chiropractor, and he said he didn't have any reason to believe I was having joint problems and says I really pulled something in my groin.

Now, it seems I'm having some pain in the outer parts of my butt, and pain down my leg when I put pressure on my leg. I sometimes have to hold on to the wall just to walk. It will loosen up a bit after awhile. I'm having to tak 4 advil in the morning and 4 at night just to get through the day. sitting is, no real pain there. but if I try to lift my leg from a seated position, forget it. My knee is really really achy too, but its such a dull pain I really can't tell where the pain is at.

I guess the thing that worries me the most is that now when I put pressure on the leg is when it really hurts, which is odd. I've seen where groin pulls go through stages, but wow, is all I can say at this point.
Tags: groin, pull, Pain
The first part of your description does sound like a groin pull but the pain down your leg and on your butt  sounds more like a herniated disc. Check with a doctor to find out what it is. A groin pull will take rest, icing, and stretching to recover (though it took me nearly 6 months before I completely got over mine). A herniated disc will take rest and
strengthening to get over.
Good luck
Just popping into this forum reliving my old days when I used to teach exercise, before I became the physical mess I am today.  Long story, now walk with a cane and have all but stopped exercising.  Anyway, about your symptoms, along with testing out the theory of jdesouza, thought I'd add suggestion.  Did your chiropractor x-ray your hips?  Pain in groin and knee pain are frequently referred pain from the hips.  This may be due to a problem in the spine eg. scoliosis, a postural problem, flat feet, or early arthritic changes.  Personally I would concentrate on getting your hips and lumbar spine checked out, even MRId, and find a good physio who can test for irritattion of the nerves supplying the legs.  They can show you specific exercises to release the strain on these nerves.  This to me sounds like a problem which may well continue to worsen if you don't identify the cause now.  I'm assuming you're young, don't let your doctor dismiss you because of this.  Even osteoarthritis can begin in young adults if you have a predisposition to it.  Suppressing the pain with painkillers without knowing the cause may in the long term be doing you more damage.  
mishymoshymarcy "Nothing worth having comes... Comment
realjimmy, and mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
mkh9 Too hot again today, yuck. Comment
Aug 26
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine