Exercise & Fitness Community
Beginning a diet and Exercise program.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Beginning a diet and Exercise program.

I have not been actively doing any exercise for a bout 6 years. What is the easiest way to get back into an exercise and dieting regiment, Without putting too much stress on the heart and body?
Checking with your doctor is always a good start.  From there, simple things like walking for starters is a great place to begin exercising again.  Start small, then you can increase the distance and pace as you begin to feel better.

As for diets, most people understand what a healthy diet consists of.  (Speaking for myself, it takes incredible will power to stick with a diet.)  For a lot of people, portion control is key.  For others, caloric intake.  For even others, it's carbohydrates.....  My suggestion with dieting is, drink more water daily and drink a good sized glass of ice water about 10 minutes before each meal.  Be prepared with the healthiest choices for food, and perhaps prepackage your meals in appropriate sized meals.