Best Abdomenal exercises to rid love handles and strengthen
anything reccomended better than sit-ups, push-ups and crunches.
Best way to get rid of love handles?
Yes.

There are two secret ways to get a perfect set of abs and say byebye to those love handles for ever.  but you wont like them.

The first and easier of the two is to drink, as ive said before "a **** load of water".  This will bring your metabolism to its maximum efficentcy without taking in any kind of weird chemical.  Most of the reason for poor performance in sport on any given day - other problems aside is hydration.  To put it simply, its the limiting factor.  Remove the limiting factor by keeping fully hydrated all the time.
This means your pee should always be totally clear, not even a little yellow.  if its yellow youre not drinking enough water.

the second and sadly, the be all and end all of having a good body (in the eyes of the current human mass trend populace) is to have no fat; and this my friend is why people have six packs and no love handles.  The only thing, and i repeat, the only thing that stops your six pack, right now from popping out in all of its glory is the layer of adipose tissue covering it.  Yes gentlemen, fat.  All in all,
THE BEST WAY TO GET A SIX PACK AND LOSE LOVE HANDLES IS NOT TO DO AB EXERCISES, BUT TO GET ON THE TREADMILL EVERY DAY AND STAY ON IT FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN!!!
Doing 500 situps a day is fine (there was a point in time when i did a day...i dont now but have a better body!!) it will tone the muscle thats there and if done with heavy weights will increase the size of the muscle - BUT, if you have large ab muscles covered with only a little fat, then you just look fat.  No one cares that you have a rippling sixpack under half an inch of goo.

Seriously, i wasted so much time on ab machines when i should have just run.  Dont waste time like i did.  Drink water and run your ass off.  In a few months time (depending on how much adipose you have) you will have a sixpack that peter andre would be proud of.  Just dont even think about giving up - or the battle is already lost.
You're exactly right!

I recently decided to make some big changes.  I lost 70 pounds of fat and then put on 20 pounds of muscle.  I'm very happy now but my don't have the tone I'm looking for.

When I started I could hardly do 3 reps of 10 reverse crunches.  Now I can easily do 10 sets of 50.  Yet I can't see them very well.

You made me laugh with your comment about "no one cares if your rippling six pack is covered in a half inch of goo".

And, that's my problem right now.  I can feel them but they are not very visible.  They really are covered with "Goo".

Anyway, I'll start trading some of my abs sets for running :)
I am had a son 2 years ago in Feb. I recently lost 35lbs just by changing my diet and feel great. I noticed that I didn't see any definition in my muscles. Now after reading this I am going to try it. My goal is to have a six pack by May or June 2009 at the latest. I would like to keep posted on here how it goes. Thank you for the advice and even though it may not seem like it you gave me the ambition.