Exercise & Fitness Community
Bicep Exercises After Distal Tendon Repair
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bicep Exercises After Distal Tendon Repair

I am a fairly active, right handed,  53 year old male. Back in February 2009, I had my right bicep tendon reattached to my elbow. I followed all of the PT protocols and was allowed to return to all normal activities within the typical time frame.

While I was aggressive with my exercises during the PT phase, I have not done much to strengthen the bicep since then. I find that my right bicep, while getting firmer as time goes on, is still no where as near as firm as my left. I also find that my right bicep gets tired/sore after raking leafs, shoveling snow and prolonged lifting (not weight lifting, but boxes, ladders, etc.)

While I feel that I can still lift as much weight with my right arm as I always have, it just seems generally "weaker".

I assume that there are some simple exercises that I can do to strengthen the bicep, but I'm not sure what they are. i.e. How much should I be curling? How many reps? Every day or something different every other day? Those types of questions.

I still have the rubber tubes that I used during PT. Are there exercises that I can use them for?

Any (specific) advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!