Big, bloated, burning knee after squatting
While squatting - I felt discomfort coming up from the squat.  There was no popping sound or anything like that.  The next day, my knee was swollen to the touch.  It hurt even for anything to brush against it.  Range of motion did not seem to be affected.  But the affected knee was much larger than the other, and was puffy.  

I avoided squats and lunges for a week, but did some deadlifts yesterday and on the last set my knee felt weird so I stopped.  And now it feels and looks like there is a hot water balloon inflating in my knee cap.  It burns.

I am very interested in protecting my joints and do not want joint issues as I age.  I have been switching from powerlifting with low reps and very heavy weight, to lifting slightly lighter weight with slow, controlled reps, in the interest of protecting my joints (ironically, then this happens).

I have never had an injury before.  Do I ice this?  Should I be trying not to bend it, or bend it often to keep the blood flowing?

Also, should I be wearing wraps when I squat, to protect my joints?  Never did before, but again, I want to take all precautions to avoid injury (aside from not lifting of course).  My squat is 205 for reps, so 151% of my bodyweight if that matters.  
Hello!

I would suggest you to stop lifting of weights and also squats till properly diagnosed of your present knee problem.

I would suggest you to apply ice packs on your knee joint 4-5 times a day till the pain and inflammation decreases. Take NSAIDs, rest and avoid weight bearing for couple of days.

If your symptoms continue then I would suggest you to go for scans (X-rays and if required MRIs) to diagnose any bone or soft tissue damage.

Always wear proper shoes and walk and exercise on suitable surfaces and avoid concrete and hard surfaces.

Take care!
Sorry, I have not logged on in some time and just realize that I never thanked you for your reply.  My knee bubble ended up being a bursa, which I had drained, then it came back and hung around for some time.  It is still very lightly padded, but almost gone now.  Thanks again!