Exercise & Fitness Community
Bike choice
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bike choice

I have been in the mood to do some bike riding for exorcise but because of the cold I have not bout one yet.  I need to know what would be the better choice for cardiovascular workouts, a mountain bike or a road bike?  This would be run on small village and country roads no more that 5-ish miles a day.  The reason for the question is that I don't know how much of a difference the posture makes between the two types.

Since last April after a heart event and the lack of a job I have become a couch potato.  Prier to this my job was fairly physical, walking and lifting, but I did not exorcise beyond that.  I have always been 185 lbs since high school, 25 years ago, until this year where right now I'm bouncing between 198 and 205.  The weight doesn't bother me as much as the cardio workout.  The bikes I'm looking at both cost the same.  So, hence my delema...