Exercise & Fitness Community
Bike choice

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Bike choice

I have been in the mood to do some bike riding for exorcise but because of the cold I have not bout one yet.  I need to know what would be the better choice for cardiovascular workouts, a mountain bike or a road bike?  This would be run on small village and country roads no more that 5-ish miles a day.  The reason for the question is that I don't know how much of a difference the posture makes between the two types.

Since last April after a heart event and the lack of a job I have become a couch potato.  Prier to this my job was fairly physical, walking and lifting, but I did not exorcise beyond that.  I have always been 185 lbs since high school, 25 years ago, until this year where right now I'm bouncing between 198 and 205.  The weight doesn't bother me as much as the cardio workout.  The bikes I'm looking at both cost the same.  So, hence my delema...
Avatar dr m tn
Hello!

To start with you would need a road bike. After you acclimatize with the intense cardio routine you can take a mountain bike as cycling on steeper uphill will make your lose more calories and also faster in the same time.

Remember you also had a heart problem so it is always good to start slow and the time and effort you put for the cardio in a continuous way will let you shed the desired weight, control your diet and follow a proper diet chart.

Take care!

Take care!
mishymoshymarcy There is a tiny part of me ... Comment
cracker420 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine