Exercise & Fitness Community
Bob the trainer!!!!! Help please!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bob the trainer!!!!! Help please!

Dear Bob,
  I have just recently started teaching some classes at a gym I have no real fitness background,just my cert., which apparently is to be unspoken of. So I have been teaching about 8 cardio classes and 1 interval with weights and cardio. As well as the classes I have been making large efforts to eat correctly (carb+protien every time, 5-6 small meals a day, fruit only in the am or right after a workout, hold off on the dressings and the butter,ect.) Yet I feel bloated and like I'm actually getting larger. I have not had my body fat done recently, yet I did weigh-in 6 lbs lighter this last time I weighed-in (I don't do this but once every month or so cuz I can get a little compulsive) I feel that I may be overworking my body somedays, or other times like I'm stuck doing the same exercises i.e shoulders!  Before I started teaching I wasn't really working out regularly, so why does it seem like I am getting bigger if I lost the 6lbs and my body fat is droping? The growth is in my midsection and hips yet those are the number one area I work. (salsa dancing based classes 4 x's a week)  Any Ideas on how I could get shrinkage here?  I'm only 22 years old so please feel free to push me hard....... I am 5'6 and around 185lbs.  In high school I weighed 125-130 so this current weight is not well liked! Any advice or specific workouts would be helpful thanks!