Bone Creaking
I have a problem on the top left side of my right foot (from the big toe to the top of the foot. I injured by big toe recently just from walking, and as soon as the pain went away, whenever I moved my toe up or down, or my foot side to side, it made this creaking sound and you can feel it grinding if you hold your hand to it. there is a bit of discomfort whenever I move my toe, and i can't bend my toes up as far as my other foot.
The sound is probably being caused by new scar tissue due to the injurty rather than  bone creaking. As long as it doesn't hurt don't worry about it. It will get better but probably won't go away altogether.
Hi lilyj, how are you? Hope you might be feeling better now? Are you still getting the cracking sensation on moving the foot or subsided? Had you been to hospital for an x- ray after the injury? You need not worry, if you are not getting much pain or swelling over the toe and if you are able to bear weight and walk. Do hot fomentation and consult a orthopedic surgeon if you still face the problem. Take care and keep updating.
Hi, thanks for the responses. My foot definitely does not "creak" nearly as much as it did before. It still does, however, act up from time to time. It may just do it when I use the foot a lot, I'm not sure. It seems like it's going to stay for a while. No, I haven't gone to have an x-ray taken. I don't think it's a bone issue - jdesouza is probably right about the scar tissue, I'm just not really sure how it developed, seeing as I didn't really do anything to injure the foot besides brisk walking.
Hi lilyj, thanks for your reply and hope you are getting better? Well, you can wait and observe for some time as soft tissue injuries takes time to recover. It is good to do brisk walk, gentle massage and applying local heat. Still, I would like to suggest you to go for an orthopedician opinion to be rest sure of nothing major problem. Keep updating on your progress and post your thoughts. Take care.
I had something similar thing in the middle of the foot and I was told the tendons were irritated.  Eventually it just went away
hi
i am getting similar problems with my left big toe, i don't know how i have done it but for the past few weeks my big toe and the top of my foot really hurt and when i bend and unbend my big toe it creaks .??
i cant seem to find anything about it anywhere
any clues guys :(