Exercise & Fitness Community
Bruised Lump on Leg

Take charge of your health by joining others like you. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Bruised Lump on Leg

Hi, a couple weeks ago I was working out in my room.  I was doing knees to feet jumps and pretty soon afterwards I noticed a soreness on the back of my leg right above the knee.  When I inspected it I felt a lump.  I tried doing some research and thought maybe it was a hematoma or something, but I'm not sure.

There is discoloration where the lump is. The lump is still there and has been there for a couple weeks now. It is not that sore just feels hard and it does not bother me when I am moving my leg around.

I am not sure if I should wait it out for longer or go see a doctor about.

Thanks for any advice.

J

Avatar dr f tn
Hi. Lumps at the back of the knee may suggest a growing cyst in the skin that becomes more prominent with changes in the positioning of the legs, a series of dilated veins in the skin that enlarge after exercise but then decrease in size after exercise has been completed, or a small defect in the tough fibrous covering around the muscles of the leg that allow muscle to herniate through it during exercise. For a more definite diagnosis, see your physician. Thanks for asking.
The lump can be any number of things! I suggest seeing an Orthopedist
Avatar dr f tn
Thanks for comments.  Your seems like what it likely is. I will head to the doctor on Monday to get it checked out.
Avatar n tn
Kamalakar commented on New Article on Multif...
specialmom commented on MH Community Mgr's status
MH Community Mgr is enjoying warm weather th... Comment
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine