Burning in lungs
I have pain and burning in my lungs, neck, and esophagus when walking up a hill or even an incline. I don't have any cardiac issues, BP issues, or other health problems. In general, I am healthy. I did just have a chest xray and it is normal. The pain is enough to cause me to stop walking. I also have a hard time catching my breath at that point. I do have chronic non-bacterial, non-allergic rhinitis. It almost feels as though the irritation in my nose tissue is traveling down my whole respiratory tract. Is that possible. I find this very disconcerting and my doctor doesn't seem to have any answers (except the chest xray I just had and the cardiac tests of about two years ago that were also normal). Would love to know if anyone else had had these symptoms or if anyone has any input. Thanks.
Hi there!

This looks like a GI issue such as infection, inflammation, ulcers etc; though cardiac, pulmonary and chest wall causes may need to be considered as well. A previous normal cardiac evaluation doe not rule out a recent development and neither does a normal chest x-ray rule out all pulmonary issues. It would bee best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought. Meanwhile you could try some OTC antacids and see if these seem to help with the burning.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!