Exercise & Fitness Community
Calf Bruising From Exercise?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Calf Bruising From Exercise?

For the past 6 months I have been doing the elliptical machine 4-5 times a week 30-40 minutes each time. My calfs have massive bruises on them. Is this from exercise or something unrelated?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Are you banging your calfs into the inside of the machine?
Do you do any other form of exercise?  You eat a banana everyday for building your potassium levels.  Are you in otherwise good health?  That is truly strange.
Blank
I also have bruising on my calfs. Only thing I do is walk, I walk 5miles every day, seven days a week for a hour and fifteen minutes.
Do you have any suggestion for me?.  
Blank
410943_tn?1202266042
Exessive bruising is usually related to deficiency of nutriets such as Vitamin C most commonly. Other nutreits can play a role such as iron, B complex etc. If you are taking medications then they can deplete your body as nutriets just like previously explained with you Potasium Sodium balance of the body.
Blank
I completed a 80 mile bike ride with a 4400 ft total climb and got bruises on the base of both my calves the next day.  I didn't bang my legs against anything so I think it has something to do with the strain on my calves although they didn't hurt (my quads were more sore.)  Is this common?
Blank
Yes, inflammation of the muscle after intense workouts is normal.

If you are regular and your muscles are toned up and taking pressure since long time then you will have minimum symptoms and this case you would need rest, ice packs and anti inflammatory drugs.

Take care and visit an orthopaedician if your symptoms continue beyond couple of days.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank