Exercise & Fitness Community
Core strength

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Core strength

Hey all.
Okay, I can jog and runa nd I do that up to four times a week for up to 5km at a time (from 2km-5km depending on the speed I go that day and the time I have or just how I am feeling)
I am in no way an athlete but I really want my whole body to just look brilliant so i wanted to know if anyone could tell me how to get a flat and sexy belly in a month or two, I can do yoga and I have twice and I've heard that's pretty brilliant and I want to perfect the dancers pose. But anything other than crunches and sit ups that will give me more stability in my core?
Thanks xx
A 5-minute core routine revs up your core muscles so they fire better as you do other exercises. master the plank This exercise may appear boring and easy, you look like you're simply holding a pushup position but with your weight supported on your forearms instead of your hands. The plank is easy only if you're doing it incorrectly or don't know how to make it more challenging, The plank is key because it teaches you to make your core stiff. you need for almost every exercise.

Start by assuming a plank position, and then have a friend place a broomstick along your back. It should touch your head, upper back, and butt; this indicates that your spine is in proper alignment. If the stick doesn't make contact at all three points, simply adjust your posture until it does. That's the position you need to hold. Now to learn all the secrets to the perfect plank google it and search for a video on how to do a plank.

Around-the-World Plank
Place both feet on a bench, and assume a pushup position. Brace your core. Then, without dropping your hips or moving your feet, make a full revolution around the bench by "walking" your hands all the way around it. Do 4 revolutions, resting 60 seconds in between revolutions.
Benefit: The stabilizing muscles in your abs, upper and lower back, and shoulders work harder than they would in a traditional plank.