Exercise & Fitness Community
Epipen Question
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Epipen Question

Hey All,

I have a theory I would like to run past some doctors before I try it.

My girlfrined is allergic to peanuts, and, as a result, has a ton of epipens. She has already told me that she has lots that will just get discarded. So my theory is this. An epipen contains epinepharine. Epinepharine is adrenaline. So if I inject myself, a perfectly healthy adult male, with an epipen before an adrenaline sport, such as snowboarding, for a boost of adrenaline from the start, what effects will it have on me?

As I have said, I am not gonna try this unless someone who knows this stuff tells me it won't do any major damage.

Thanks,
J.J. Mac
Related Discussions
It works quickly and boosts your heartrate. There could be a very good possibility that your heartrate would be so fast with sports that you could loose consciousness or your bp could be at stroke level. It is a short boost, not a long acting. Never use anyone elses prescription meds. It can be dangerous/fatal. btw this is a patient to patient forum. I'm not a dr. If you have a question for the dr's go back and click on it. There is usually a fee for the dr's questions.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...