Exercise & Fitness Community
Fast Heart Rate

Take charge of your health by joining others like you. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Fast Heart Rate

Hi , I'm 29 years old and I've been working out for about three weeks. I noticed that after going to the gym I still felt like my heart was at a fast heart rate for a few hours after working out, at times even without working out I can feel my fast heart rate. I went to  my primary doctor and was placed on a Holter Monitor. It recorded that during my run my heart rate was in the 170's my normal heart rate is between 59 ans 70 and after my run it recorded that my heart rate stayed in the 130's for two hours. Is this normal or should it be a concern.
From my knowledge as a fitness instructor, when people push their exercise beyond there fitness level, then their heart rate stays high for a prolonged time after exercise. So, the next time you exercise try to decrease the intensity of the exercise and keep your heart no higher than 150bpm.

When raising your heart rate to 170 that is only for trained athletes who want to increase their cardiovascular level. To stay healthy and stay in the fat burning zone, 170 is much to high.
Avatar n tn
Thank you, my concern is that on that specific day all I had done was go for a 2.2 mile run.  I did not push myself or nor did I feel pushed it's just that I feel like my body is still working after  a run or sometimes without any exercise.  Also anything that I may exert energy doing,  I can feel my heart racing sometimes for up to a few hours.
KeeLolo commented on photo
JohnHaganMD commented on FLOATERS & THE QU...
rob841 commented on FLOATERS & THE QU...
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine