Feet Go to Sleep or Numb on Elliptical Machine
I do the Elliptical Machine for about 30 minutes and my feet go to sleep what can i do to prevent this? Hours later when i am going to bed my left big toe is still numb.
Just had to post, I have had that same problem with the EFX/Eliptical too - just curious why?

Sondra
It happens to my husband also.....I wanted to know if there is a fix like two pair of socks and keep you eyes crossed and only wear Orange Panties! Heck I am willing to try anything to keep this from happening.

This is extremely common.  As far as I know there isn't anything someone can do to stop it.  I am a personal trainer.  If one of my clients has this problem we usually find another piece of equipment for them to use to get their cardio in.

This happens to me too -- when my feet start to feel like they're falling asleep, I go backwards for about 2 minutes (it's harder!) and then they feel better...

I think its from the feet pushing up against the front of the shoe - so going backwards alleviates it.
Thank you I will try that. I have also found that if I put my feet to the outside of the big Foot Thingies it helps allot but I feel like a duck on the machine then!
I flex my feet often instead of keeping them firmly planted, which helps keep the blood moving.  Changing where and the angle they are at (turning toes more outward) also helps.  I have tried putting them on the outside of the pedals like someone suggested, and while it doesn't help the feet much, it sure does work a new set of muscles!