Exercise & Fitness Community
Fever upon Exertion

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Fever upon Exertion

Hi , Im a 24 year old male who is morbidly obesse , I have high blood pressure , Severe panic disorder , and some reflux problems . Lately I have been trying to get active but I find every time I exert myself I feel ill for hours after . After only slight exertion like , doing the dishes and cooking supper I often get dizzy , feel nauseous and run a low grade fever . I have mentioned that I had been getting fever to a few different doctors after only small tasks to wich I was looked at like an idiot and told my thermometer was malfunctioning , I have tried 3 different ones at this point and a normal temp for me is about 37 , after small exertion it can go up to about 38.5 and i feel ill , ussually a few hours later the symptoms stop , this is problematic for me because I need exercise to lose weight . I am currently about 350 pounds and only about 5"6 . Recent tests I have had indicate that I have fatty liver , a slightly enlarged left atrium . I hope this is enough info to make a light go on in someones head about what this could be , I m having a real hard time getting doctors to take me seriously because of my anxiety issues and i fear I will have to have something terrible happen before they take me seriously . So please , If anyone knows anything that could cause these symptoms.Also been having headaches and weakness as of late, Thanx in advance
hey buddy,sorry tohear that you are suffering so much...When you get so obese it could be so many things..Do you understand anything about nutrition?if not,you need to see a nutritionalist and set up a program ...I think if you started your self on 100 grams of whey protein isolate and stayed away from sugar  and tried to exercise gradually it might help you...
I am not overweight.  I get moderate to intense exercise on a regular basis. I am 35.  Healthy overall. But I also have unusual, unexplained fevers with exertion.  Exertion for me is intense exercise, but I am in classes with others doing the same routine and yet my response is unlike anyone else's - it is not normal.  I sweat profusely - mostly trunk and arms, become extremely flushed in the face, and run a fever of up to 101.  It all subsides after an hour or so after I am done exercising.  I have had my TSH checked and it is normal.  
This sounds exactly what I am going through. Except I don't need an actual "workout" to get a fever. If I do any work around the house such as vacuuming, mopping,etc. I get a fever anywhere from 99 to 101. I just painted a couple of walls in my room and I started feeling my usual ill feeling when this happens to me. My face also gets flushed and my head feels heavy and I sweat like crazy. So I checked my temp and it was 100.2. My normal temp is actually quite low at around 96 and 97. I have tried bringing this up to Doctor's and they pretty much dismiss it and seem to rather talk about some other reason I'm in  there for. I can't help but feel a bit crazy and wonder if that is what my Dr. is thinking as well?
mishymoshymarcy Your life is as good as you... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on oral presentation
Nighthawk61 commented on oral presentation
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine