Exercise & Fitness Community
Fever upon Exertion

Take charge of your health by joining others like you. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Fever upon Exertion

Hi , Im a 24 year old male who is morbidly obesse , I have high blood pressure , Severe panic disorder , and some reflux problems . Lately I have been trying to get active but I find every time I exert myself I feel ill for hours after . After only slight exertion like , doing the dishes and cooking supper I often get dizzy , feel nauseous and run a low grade fever . I have mentioned that I had been getting fever to a few different doctors after only small tasks to wich I was looked at like an idiot and told my thermometer was malfunctioning , I have tried 3 different ones at this point and a normal temp for me is about 37 , after small exertion it can go up to about 38.5 and i feel ill , ussually a few hours later the symptoms stop , this is problematic for me because I need exercise to lose weight . I am currently about 350 pounds and only about 5"6 . Recent tests I have had indicate that I have fatty liver , a slightly enlarged left atrium . I hope this is enough info to make a light go on in someones head about what this could be , I m having a real hard time getting doctors to take me seriously because of my anxiety issues and i fear I will have to have something terrible happen before they take me seriously . So please , If anyone knows anything that could cause these symptoms.Also been having headaches and weakness as of late, Thanx in advance
Avatar n tn
hey buddy,sorry tohear that you are suffering so much...When you get so obese it could be so many things..Do you understand anything about nutrition?if not,you need to see a nutritionalist and set up a program ...I think if you started your self on 100 grams of whey protein isolate and stayed away from sugar  and tried to exercise gradually it might help you...
I am not overweight.  I get moderate to intense exercise on a regular basis. I am 35.  Healthy overall. But I also have unusual, unexplained fevers with exertion.  Exertion for me is intense exercise, but I am in classes with others doing the same routine and yet my response is unlike anyone else's - it is not normal.  I sweat profusely - mostly trunk and arms, become extremely flushed in the face, and run a fever of up to 101.  It all subsides after an hour or so after I am done exercising.  I have had my TSH checked and it is normal.  
This sounds exactly what I am going through. Except I don't need an actual "workout" to get a fever. If I do any work around the house such as vacuuming, mopping,etc. I get a fever anywhere from 99 to 101. I just painted a couple of walls in my room and I started feeling my usual ill feeling when this happens to me. My face also gets flushed and my head feels heavy and I sweat like crazy. So I checked my temp and it was 100.2. My normal temp is actually quite low at around 96 and 97. I have tried bringing this up to Doctor's and they pretty much dismiss it and seem to rather talk about some other reason I'm in  there for. I can't help but feel a bit crazy and wonder if that is what my Dr. is thinking as well?
gymdandee commented on Make A Shake That Wil...
49 mins ago
Avatar n tn
dayna852 commented on Make A Shake That Wil...
KeeLolo commented on photo
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine