Exercise & Fitness Community
Fitness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Fitness

Hi I'm 14 last year I was 11 stone a couple of months ago I decided to lose some weight so far I've lost a stone and a couple of pounds the most I wanna weigh Is 9 stone so I need to lose another stone I've lost weight before by going on 3 hour long walks in the morning and night and eating 1500 calories a day.  But last month I dislocated my knee and can't walk or do anything which is so annoying cuz when im bored i tend to eat more so I need a new diet can someone plz tell me how I can lose wight without hurting my leg thank u
Hi there!

If you are aiming at losing weight, it is important to calculate your current BMI and the target BMI. The target BMI should be in a healthy range. Aside indulging in moderate amounts of physical exercise it is also essential to maintain a healthy diet plan. A healthy diet should consist of adequate amounts of calories with carbohydrates, proteins, fat and plenty of fruits and vegetables to supply vitamins and minerals. Skipping any of the food components is not considered healthy. Also when aiming at losing weight the protein intake may be slightly increased and the carbohydrate intake slightly lowered. The calorie requirement should also be adjusted for ones physical activities as well. Lower than adequate calorie intake can also cause weight gain, due to the stress hormones kicking in. Start with a healthy breakfast, moderate lunch and light dinner. Also keep a track of calorie intake and your work out. With gradual consistent efforts, you should be able to lose weight as desired in a healthy way.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Hi ....
i was also suffering from the problem of gall bladder stone so i went for cholecystectomy few month back ...but i now i have gain weight around  abdomen mainly in lower abdomen....my calorie intake is normal ,i take more fludis and my BMI is 24 .i regularly do 45 min walking in morning and yoga .pls tell me how to get rid of this fat from abdomen area.and is this due to the cholecystectomy surgery that i gained weight in abdomen ? will i get rid of this or not? pls help me with valuable and effective suggestions.
Thanks..