Foot Numbness and Tingling
I am a bicyclist. Around six months ago I stumped my toe really bad on the beadpost at night. My doctor ex-rayed it, and said that nothing was broken; but ever since, on long rides that foot goes numb, tingles, and is mildly painful. If I ride a lot, it stays that way between rides to some degree (mostly only when standing). Do you think this is anything to worry about? I don't want to curtail riding, but I want it to get better too!

Thanks!
Mike
Mike:

I have something similar.  I caught my pinky toe on a couch one time, and was convinced I broke it!  the pain was so intense for weeks. If I walk or exercise for a long period of time, I get that tingling thing. I think they call it neuropathy. I know I did a number on it, and it bothers me all the time, but Now I get periodic numbness and tingling almost like it fell asleep, but it is just, I believe a "nerve ending" trauma, that causes it. I am sure, the cycling is adding blood supply to that traumatized toe and you actually could have torn very small ligaments, in your foot, remember there are something like 26 bones in each foot.
I have been attending a spinning class for almost two years.  In the past five months I stepped up to 5-6 days a week from 2-3 days a week.  Four months ago I started feeling some numbness on my right foot when I am driving the car, especially when I step on the gas or brake.  It irradiates  from the ball to the second and third toe.  Never felt while spinning or riding my bike.  Last week it felt a little bit like that on my left foot. I wear a Cannondale pair of shoes, those that you can walk on.  Any ideas on what the problem maybe and what to do about it?
I experience foot numbness and tingling when running on my treadmill. It usually starts after 30 minutes of running and stops in less than a minute after I stop running.All of the medical tests I had done were inconclusive. Presently I just accept it.
did you ever find out what caused the foot tingling you describe?  I have your exact symptoms and can't find any doctor with any explanation.  I'm also an avid exerciser.
HI, I also have foot numbness  after walking for a long period of time ( I havent┬┤checked if it starts after 30 minutes but it may be, I actually walk for an hour) and it goes back to normal as soon as I .It is my left foot, what about yours?
I have the exact same symptoms - I can't run for more than 30 minutes because my foot goes completely numb. It is only my left foot. I have not gone to the doctor yet as I just started working out again after about a year of being quite inactive. I have been going to the gym for a little over a month and only had one or two days where this did not happen. Has anyone found anything out about possible causes?