Exercise & Fitness Community
Gasoline smell emitting from my chest

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Gasoline smell emitting from my chest

For Several years now, on and off, I have had this gasoline/diesel fuel smell emitting from my chest.  It is overwhelming.  The biggest problem is, I am the only one who seems to be able to smell it.  It comes from the center of my chest over my sternum. It is just in this one area and on the skin.    I have always gotten terrible headaches from this smell when I am at a fueling station or smell it on someone, this is no different.  Here lately it has been more frequent the occurrences  and more intense the smell.  Scrubbing, powdering, deodorant, antiseptic mouth wash,  I have tried everything I can think of, nothing seems to help. I cannot use anything like perfumes or scented oils to mask the smell as they all cause me to have headaches.  If the fan blows across me it intensifies the smell from my chest, this time of year you have to some kind of air circulating.   I do not know what to do.  I have not slept for 3 nights because the odor is so bothersome and so do the headaches.  If anyone has had this or knows why this is happening and what possibly can be done.  Please help!!!
Have you seen an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor? The smell might be in your sinuses? Perhaps allergies are causing some sort of chemical imbalance that mimics the odor? Best of luck with this.
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine