Exercise & Fitness Community
Getting So Discouraged

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Getting So Discouraged

I started exercising and watching my calories for about a month now. I need to loose 50 lbs because i am obese. Anyways, it doesn't seem as if it is working for me. I have stopped drinking juices all together and is now drinking plenty of water instead, but it seem as if i am gaining instead of loosing weight. I don't know what else to do. I mean if dieting and exercise doesn't work, what exactly will?? I am so frustrated. What is the problem???

I have been keeping a check f my weight. The first few days some changes were noticed but then i began to regain the weight i lost. Please can somebody explain what is happening?
Oh by the way i have been using my treadmill to exercise. 15 minutes at 3m in the mornings afternoon and evenings. Plus i have been getting myself more active in what i do, like going for extra walks when i can, carrying stuff around on errands and basically trying not to say at one place too long.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

Good to know that you have calculated your BMI and want to lose 50 pounds. You need to go to a dietician and plan a neat diet chart with a balanced diet with predominant protein, fiber rich carbohydrates and complete restriction to sugars, chocolates, desserts, ice creams, deep fries, junk food and fast food.
I would suggest you to do a sustained cardio for 30-45 minutes continuously along with it and change in lifestyle like extra walks, errands to grocery, walking while talking on phone, walking and moving while cooking etc.
With sustained proper diet and intensive continuous cardio you will lose weight over a period of time.

Take care!