Exercise & Fitness Community
GrowinG Taller

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

GrowinG Taller

Hi all

My question is:

I made 15 years 2 months ago , i mesure 6
You height is predetermined by genetics.  However, you may still have growing to do.  Males grow until age 21 and females to age 18.

Be happy you are 6'1", that is very tall.
The rate and duration of growth is determined by many factors - genetic, nutritional, and hormonal, and it should come as no surprise that there is a growth spurt around puberty, when many of the responsible hormones are very active.
You can make the most of your genetic tendency by eating a good diet, get plenty of sleep, exercise regularly and avoid risky behaviors or poor health habits such as smoking, and maintaining a good posture also there are many height increase supplements on the market l have used several but none was effective as much as satogrowth a stimulant with that l have gained 4 cm in 4 months

i am currently 16 years old , and i am 1.45cm .. its kinda short for a 16 yr old girl ..right?..i'm anxious.. my friends in school are taller than me thou.. i want to grow taller..till at least 1.5cm+ or if there is a chance till 1.60cm.. =/
and i've been going to the gym for 1 to 2 hours twice a week..
and i skipped ropes everyday..for around 100times a day..

can anyone here tell me how to grow taller?
got any advices?
reply asap..
*worried*

Height is determined in a big way by genetics and the interplay of hormones as well as the diet one has. Therefore, while a good balanced diet is most essential, over supply of one nutrient may not be the best way to increase your height.

On the other hand, physical exercise may stimulate your body to work extra hard and therefore 'compensate' for any decrease in the rate of growth. Cycling, swimming and other aerobic exercises are usually recommended.

You may find more information at: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

Let me know if you need more help.

Best regards

Height as rightly mentioned is determined by genetics. Although you are doing enough physical activity, maybe you can add swimming also to your exercise routine as it is known to increase height.