Gym Help
Hi, I'm going to start going to gym tomorrow (yay!) and wanted to know what recommendations anyone has. I've not lived a very active life-style and have a bad knee so I'm looking for a beginners routine just I can actually make good use of my time. Thanks in advance!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It all depends on what you want to accomplish and what you enjoy doing.  If you can afford it, try some sessions with a personal trainer there so you can learn the equipment and get set up on a starting program according to what kind of experience you're looking for.  Then, and this was really helpful to me as I was an outdoor exerciser before starting the gym later in life, watch what others are doing and if they have time ask why they're doing it and how they learned it.  As for the knee, getting some physical therapy on it might help you recover if you know what the problem is, but also they can be very helpful in telling you what kind of exercise won't stress it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I assume the gym has trainers! I suggest starting with her/him.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
973741 tn?1342346373
I am a big fan of group classes.  the fun music and others around you also working out is motivating for me.  I stand in the back and only do what I can do getting stronger the more go.  Pick up the schedule to see if anything interests you.  If you like to just do your own thing, the treat mill is good for listening to your ipod/music or watching a show as they usually have TV's playing.  asking for help form a trainer at the gym is a great way to get started too.  worth the money!  Let us know how it goes!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom A fall chill is in the air.... Comment
57 mins ago
Blank
chrisltang commented on Activity after Retina...
Oct 16
20691887 tn?1504695593
Blank
ZonnyC is busy painting. Comment
Oct 15
Blank
Weight Tracker
Achieve your weight goals
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine