Exercise & Fitness Community
Head Pain when lifting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Head Pain when lifting

Hey all, i'm a 20 year old male and im pretty active when it comes to working out.  Just recently when i go to the gym and i bench i get this horrible pain all of the sudden in the back of my head. It happens when i do back exercises such as lat pulls too.  The pain usually subsides but if i repeat the excersise the pain comes back.  Im really worried about this and the bad thing is I can't go to the doctor for like another two weeks because i dont have health insurance right now.  

Does anyone know what it might be or how i can relieve the pain, it'd be great appreciated!!

There is a possibility that this an  exertional headache because it comes when you exercise and goes away when you stop. Other causes can be a low blood sugar level and dehydration, also in people who are susceptible to migraine exercise can cause  headache.
I would suggest you eat atleast 30-45 min before exercise and maintain your fluid intake by drinking sufficient amounts of water. Also remember to warm up and cool down. Start slowly, avoid exercises that require stooping, a couple of pain killers before exercise will also help.
Please schedule an appointment with a physician and undergo a complete physical examination just to be on the safe side.