Aa
A
A
Close
Head Pain when lifting
Hey all, i'm a 20 year old male and im pretty active when it comes to working out.  Just recently when i go to the gym and i bench i get this horrible pain all of the sudden in the back of my head. It happens when i do back exercises such as lat pulls too.  The pain usually subsides but if i repeat the excersise the pain comes back.  Im really worried about this and the bad thing is I can't go to the doctor for like another two weeks because i dont have health insurance right now.  

Does anyone know what it might be or how i can relieve the pain, it'd be great appreciated!!

Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

There is a possibility that this an  exertional headache because it comes when you exercise and goes away when you stop. Other causes can be a low blood sugar level and dehydration, also in people who are susceptible to migraine exercise can cause  headache.
I would suggest you eat atleast 30-45 min before exercise and maintain your fluid intake by drinking sufficient amounts of water. Also remember to warm up and cool down. Start slowly, avoid exercises that require stooping, a couple of pain killers before exercise will also help.
Please schedule an appointment with a physician and undergo a complete physical examination just to be on the safe side.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
14 hrs ago
177275 tn?1438375244
Blank
JohnHaganMD commented on Activity after Retina...
19 hrs ago
Blank
ScottF84 commented on Activity after Retina...
Dec 09
Blank
Weight Tracker
Achieve your weight goals
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank