Aa
A
A
Close
Headache during/after push ups
Hello.. I used to have push ups with 10-25 repetitions. But, one day I want to reached more than 25, so I pushed my body more and accidentally lifted my head, so my head was in the looking-forward position. By the time i changed the position of my head I got a heavy headache. It felt like my head being stabbed and throbbed. It happened approximately 20 minutes. The next day i did the push ups again, and my headache occurred again (i didn't even reach 5)... any ideas? Thank you before
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You know headaches are common when doing push ups.
First are you breathing properly? Breath in on the up and out on the down. Most likely your head position or if you were clenching your jaw was the problem. Do you have any neck pain could be a muscle if so try some heat. i suggest seeing your doctor if it keeps up.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
20180083 tn?1494847740
I guess you have some migraine issues. Get yourself checked if it continues again.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
20180083 tn?1494847740
I guess you have some migraine issues. Get yourself checked if it continues again.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
A migraine is a very particular kind of headache.  It's a vascular headache that starts with blurred vision and then becomes an extremely severe headache.  This isn't what the poster is describing.  Most likely, the poster's headache is coming from the nerves in the neck pressing up on the head due to a movement made when doing the original push-ups that might have not agreed with his neck.  I would assume this will pass as the neck recovers, but I'd stop doing pushups until I figured out what I was doing wrong with my neck when doing them.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
20248508 tn?1495100272
same problem
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
4059843 tn?1485843211
Blank
mishymoshymarcy You have nothing to lose...... Comment
22 hrs ago
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom A fall chill is in the air.... Comment
Oct 18
Blank
chrisltang commented on Activity after Retina...
Oct 16
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources