Headache while working out
I've been lifting on and off for years and for the past 2 months ive been lifting steady. 2 days on 1 day off and its been going good. I'm taking protein and creatine. For the past week ive had to stop during mid workout because as soon as i start to lift i start getting a pounding headache. My face gets beat red and then comes the pain, i know im breathing right and not pushing to heavy of weight. This ***** and even when i stop the headache stays for hours. I go dirt bike riding and no headache.. only when i left weights. really annoying, Looking to see if anyone knows of this or had this problem and to see if somebody can help me out. I'm making a doctors appointment next week.
Hello!

Make sure you are rehydrated properly with fluids if you are sweating out a lot. This is important.

Rule out conditions such as cold or flu or allergies and also sinusitis which can give you headache.

Take a break for couple of days and if your headache continues follow up with a physician and also check your blood pressure.

If the headache continues then you may take an appointment with a neurologist.

Take care!

I'd say dehydration too. I never get headaches (not once in my whole life, I'm so lucky, I know) but when I haven't had enough water and then go lifting heavy weights above my head (military press etc) I get a split-second painful throbbing, which I'm sure would develop into a headache for anyone else. Just check you're drinking enough. Do you get the pain when you do leg lifts too, or just anything that raises your arms above your heart?
It happened twice, The first time it happened i was doing dumb bell bench press and i had to stop my workout because the pain wouldnt go away. The second i was doing V bar pull downs and i had to stop. I havent been able to get a full workout in, in a week now. I figured it was due to dehydration but i tried drinking a ton of water a half an hour before my workout and it didnt help. Im gunna take a few days off and see if it wont stop. The weird thing is after i stop the headache stays for hours.  
I appreciate the help, ill take your advice. Thanks alot.
I have recently had the same issue Eddie. Have you had a diagnosis or been able to figure out how and make this stop? Very painful and I can not even workout anymore.
I too am suffering from the same thing but mine only comes during intimate sessions with my honey :(  during regular exercise I'm fine but sex is a different story.  My mother had a brain aneurysm in the frontal lobe of her brain I'm worried this could be an issue.  Can anyone relate?  I'm very worried and have no health coverage to get an exam.
having activity related headaches (sex or lifting or whatever) isnt ok.
just have the doc rule out cardio-vascular things. if you cant afford a doc, go to the local public health clinic, your life may depend on it.
hey Eddie, What did you end up doing to fix the issues with your headaches?
I have started having the same problem and need to find a solution...quickly. Painful
scott
Many things can cause your headache! Best to see your Dr.
My opinion depending on what your doctor finds is also to have an MRI and to follow up with an Neurologist.
Did you consult it with your trainer.
I have not faced such situation so doctor can tell you better.
Yes, I have facing this problem.
Well if you have good health and exercise regularly you shouldn't be having thing problem so i think maybe you should go see a doctor it could just be something small that you might just need medicine for or it might be something wrong with your brain or you might have a concussion so i would just go see a doctor to be safe and when you find out whats wrong i am curious so could you send me an email to tell me if my advise worked or not that would be appropriated because i am 17 and when i was 15 i had the same problem and i had a concussion.
I have gotten these before aswell and I believe the throbbing headaches are coming from high blood pressure. The stimulants in the coffee and pre-workout along with the heavy lifting resulted in a large increase in BP. If you are doing the valsava breathing technique then this also contributed. In my experience after doing cardio for a couple weeks I no longer had any issues with these headaches.