Hiatus Hernia- Post Surgery Weight lifting

I am 34 years old and had Hiatus Hernia corrective surgery 6 weeks ago. I want to know when it is ok to start lifting weights in the gym and what exercises I can and can't do. Will I be able to slowley build up to a full workout regieme that includes torso related excercises- ie. Bench Press, Lat pull downs, Tricep dips, Rowing Machine, Sit ups etc?? I have been told by doctors that non torso weights (arms, legs) should be ok to gradually begin but he didnt seem to sure about other specific torso exercises that I have mentioned above. And to what level will I be able to eventually lift weights?? I am just a recreational weight lifter who likes to visit the gym 3 times a week for an all round body workout and I am hoping that I can continue this without issues. Your advise if much appreciated as cant find anything that specifically addresses my questions on the net!!!
You should avoid the abdominal exercises for at least 3 months. Limb exercises are okay. Any exercise like rowing or situps will increase intra abdominal pressure. When you want to start these exercises, you should take a word of advice from your surgeon.
I believe you will be able to reach your previous level slowly and steadily over few months.
Thanks very mcuh for the comments, will heed your advice and just relived to know that I should be able to get back to full strength eventually!!!