Hip/groin pain following hip replacement
Hi, I was hoping someone could help? I am 32 and from the age of about 15 I have been suffering with bad pain in my left hip.  It started out as a click and just progressed from there. About 1 and 1/2 years ago I was told I had osteoarthritis this was after several tests X-rays, ultrasounds and the experimental cortisone injections in the joint and in the tendon. The decision was then made to have a total hip replacement. The recovery went well and I progressed fairly quickly, however I always seemed to have a pain in my groin, I mentioned this but it was always put down to the procedure it's self and that it should settle. I was given the go ahead to resume normal life again with no restrictions. I began gentle training and fitness and I am still really suffering. The pain is unbelievable, I can't sleep.  It seems to be in my groin and spreads over the joint with a dull ache running down the front of my thigh and I am unable to lift my leg without physically holding it and lifting it, this makes steps, getting into the car, getting into bed etc very difficult. I often find also the any sudden movements, such as being made to jump pulls at the hip also. Does anyone have any ideas?
You didn't mention when the hip replacement was performed! I had both knees replaced at different times and that took about one year before getting back to complete pain and discomfort free. Have you gotten a second opinion? I suggest doing so if you haven't.
I had my hip replacement 19 months ago. I went back to the consultant however I am going to try and see someone else about it.