Exercise & Fitness Community
Hip pain while sitting cross-legged

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Hip pain while sitting cross-legged

I have pain in my Hip and in the my left inner thigh while sitting in Cross-legged(Indian style), i cant sit for more than 2 mins in this position and also it pains in night while i am sleeping in some positions and there is no pain in thigh while i walk or sit in any other positions. I consulted a orthopedic surgeon and got my X-ray and MRI done but both said its normal so doctor said there is no problem as such but i still do have the pain from last 6 months can some one please help???
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

Recollect if you had any fall, accident in the recent past.

What is your present weight and BMI?

I would suggest you to check for minerals and rule out mineral imbalance.

Get your scans reviewed by a radiologist and follow up with an orthopedician.

Take pain killers and calcium supplements.

If you are not able to squat properly even after these lifestyle changes follow up with a neurologist.

Take care!

My weight is 67 and height is about 5.7 which i checked was an ideal weight for my height so doctor also said there is nothing to reduce wait or so.And About fall i don't remember or don't have any sign of injury so because of which i am surprised has to what has happened for this problem.Ya has i said my orthopedic doctor said to wait for 3 months and if problem still persists then he has asked to come once again.. its already 2 months passed and i still have pain.

If after meeting orthopedic surgeon after 1 month if he is once again not able to help then will meet a neurologist has you suggested thanks.

Its almost 1 year and still i have pain while sitting. I am not sure has to what to do on this has an orthopedic surgeon clearly told no problem after seeing MRI .. i dont know whom to consult to come out of this un-usual pain.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

You should avoid squatting and should only use western style toilets.

Rule out back problems and get your X-rays and MRIs checked by an expert radiologist.
If there is no bone, ligament, tendon or muscle pathology then there is no reason to worry.

You should adopt comfortable positions which are pain free and should consider physiotherapy to strengthen your thigh and hip muscles.

Also check your other values such as minerals, thyroid hormones, haemoglobin etc.

Take care!

Will try to do some mild exercises to strengthen mu thigh and hip muscles and try to avoid sitting in cross legged and other positions.