Exercise & Fitness Community
I had calcific tendonitis... need help sleeping after..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Two and 1/2 weeks ago, I had a bout of very painful calcific tendonitis in my left shoulder.  That is pretty much cleared up now, but sleeping is difficult in that when laying down (and not sleeping on the affected shoulder side), I have a lot of aching in my shoulder blade area, which wakes me up.  Not where the calcium deposits were, but in the general shoulder area.  It hasn't been too long since the flare up (about 2 1/2 weeks), but it's hard to sleep and I don't want to take lots of pain medicine.  I have exercices to do but haven't done them too much yet.... is it normal to have this achiness when I'm trying to sleep.  (I feel better when upright - but I really don't want to sleep sitting up on the couch, but I will if I have to....)  Also, I don't have a recliner, but have a couch.  I've been trying to sleep in bed with one pillow.... is this achiness normal at this point, and does anyone have any other advice?  thanks. (I'm 54, female, used to being very active, still busy with a teenager, and working out in a gym, also... And I am being a little impatient with this, I know.  ALso, I did not have surgery or a cortisone shot..... just ice, anti-inflammatories, and it resolved itself.)
It might just be soreness but if it persist i would suggest going to a doctor. However, you could try warm and cold compresses before you go to sleep. Hope this helps!!