Exercise & Fitness Community
I hate working out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

I hate working out

I've always hated working out but I am trying to lead a more healthy lifestyle and lose weight the right way. Anyone have any ideas on self motivation?
There must be SOMETHING you like? Swimming? Dancing? Walking? Cycling? Hiking? Exercise doesn't have to be done in a gym. Maybe join a class of something like Zumba with a friend, that way there's someone you actually let down if you don't go, so you're more likely to keep it up! Lol. Or just go walking; either together with a friend or walk a neighbors dog, or turn up your favorite album loud on your mp3 player and walk til it's over...
I agree with cutensweet, You can do any activity you like it may be swimming, biking, walking, running, jumping, dancing, etc.
Thank you very much for your comment. I am suffering from sever depression and it is very hard for me to get out being that I have no friends to help. I guess my immediate problem is to find friend support.
I don't really have many friends either (long story, multiple reasons) but even an online buddy can be a help; you could have friendly competitions to see who took the most steps in a week (pedometers are cheap and sooo easy to use, just keep track of daily totals on the exercise tracker here) or something like that. Even on my own, I find music to be a great support. You can totally just get lost in your favorite tracks when they're turned up loud, and music can help with depression too! I hope you find someway to start feeling better.
well.. working out is not the only way to loss weight.. i will suggest you to make friends who daily visit park for walk.. once you like their fellowship you can stay do fun things with them..  dancing is a best way to reduce weight... find a partner for that.. once you find a good friend.. convince him for couple dance.. it will occupy you mind so it will help u get out of depression..  and and it will reduce your weight.. have fun...