Exercise & Fitness Community
I hate working out
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I hate working out

I've always hated working out but I am trying to lead a more healthy lifestyle and lose weight the right way. Anyone have any ideas on self motivation?
Blank
1273871_tn?1326228458
There must be SOMETHING you like? Swimming? Dancing? Walking? Cycling? Hiking? Exercise doesn't have to be done in a gym. Maybe join a class of something like Zumba with a friend, that way there's someone you actually let down if you don't go, so you're more likely to keep it up! Lol. Or just go walking; either together with a friend or walk a neighbors dog, or turn up your favorite album loud on your mp3 player and walk til it's over...
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1273871_tn?1326228458
There must be SOMETHING you like? Swimming? Dancing? Walking? Cycling? Hiking? Exercise doesn't have to be done in a gym. Maybe join a class of something like Zumba with a friend, that way there's someone you actually let down if you don't go, so you're more likely to keep it up! Lol. Or just go walking; either together with a friend or walk a neighbors dog, or turn up your favorite album loud on your mp3 player and walk til it's over...
Blank
I agree with cutensweet, You can do any activity you like it may be swimming, biking, walking, running, jumping, dancing, etc.
Blank
1713494_tn?1327523282
Thank you very much for your comment. I am suffering from sever depression and it is very hard for me to get out being that I have no friends to help. I guess my immediate problem is to find friend support.
Blank
1273871_tn?1326228458
I don't really have many friends either (long story, multiple reasons) but even an online buddy can be a help; you could have friendly competitions to see who took the most steps in a week (pedometers are cheap and sooo easy to use, just keep track of daily totals on the exercise tracker here) or something like that. Even on my own, I find music to be a great support. You can totally just get lost in your favorite tracks when they're turned up loud, and music can help with depression too! I hope you find someway to start feeling better.
Blank
well.. working out is not the only way to loss weight.. i will suggest you to make friends who daily visit park for walk.. once you like their fellowship you can stay do fun things with them..  dancing is a best way to reduce weight... find a partner for that.. once you find a good friend.. convince him for couple dance.. it will occupy you mind so it will help u get out of depression..  and and it will reduce your weight.. have fun...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank