INTERVAL TRAINING....YAY, OR NAY??
I heard that interval training is the best, and fastest way to loose weight. Is this true?
I recently started a routine that involves of lifting 10 lb weight 5 sets of 1 90 second reps, followed by 20 min of interval cardio on an eliptical machine, 60-90 sec. running, 60 sec. rest, then I move on to more weights, and leg press, then to the treadmill for another 20 min interval cardio workout, using the same time routine as the eliptical workout. Is this going to get me where I want to be, I need to loose 20 lbs, and I am 28 yrs old, I have the nutrition part of it down for the most part. I just need to know in what order and what type of cardio I shoud be doing? when I'm at my high on the interval my heart rate is between 180-195 is this too high
At your age with proper diet control and cardio with some amount of weights you will lose weight easily. Make a diet chart with protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals and 500 calories required for your age and height. Then follow your schedule strictly for some months and you will lose the desired weight. Do in under an instructor initially then you can step up the pedal. Take care!
A slight correction in the above post is 500 calories less than for your age, type of work and height, i.e 2000 calories per day nearly should be your intake + Cardio
(Read it as 500 calories less for you daily during this weight loss period)