Exercise & Fitness Community
Is Fish Oil a protein supplement?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Is Fish Oil a protein supplement?

I'm 21 year old girl and I started doing exercises because I wanna build muscles around my hips and butt
my question is: is Fish Oil a protein supplement?? can I take it after exercises in order to build muscles??
What you want to take is a whey protein shake within 30 minutes after your workout! It will help in muscle recovery and growth. Whey protein appears to be better than casein protein, according to new research that looked at exercisers doing resistance training.
A separate study shows that protein that includes a higher concentration of the amino acid leucine works better than protein with lower concentrations.
Ooh thanks for answering my question :)
I hope I'm not bothering you, but I have another question!.. Can I exercise and build muscles without taking protein supplement?? or do I have to take it??
because I'm a girl and I'm afraid it's bad for my body
It's OK! everyone needs protein and no you don't have to take the supplement
a set of essential amino acids needs to be obtained from animal and/or vegetable protein sources. the current recommended daily intake of protein is 46 grams for women aged 19–70 Any excess protein consumed is turned into energy by the body, and it is controversial whether this excess protein causes a strain on the liver. A deficiency in protein leads to muscle atrophy, and impaired functioning of the human body in general.
low sodium Parmesan cheese provides the most protein with 41.6 grams per 100 gram serving, larger beans Lupin beans,the most protein out of meat, best to choose lean cuts.  top round of veal or beef provides around 36 grams of protein pumpkin seeds are good, lean meats Chicken, Pork loin and chops,Tuna, Anchovies, Salmon,Lentils,and peanuts.