Is it possable to pull your chest Muscle?
I'm not a typical gal, I play the extreme sport of rugby and have all the bruses to show for it but love it.

My question: " Is it possable to pull your chest muscle "?

I'm not in pain when I move about doing normal thing or when i'm playing, but when I try to do push ups and get about half way down I get a very sharp pain on my left side just to the left of my brest that makes me drop, i'm in pain, but to get up and go about things i'm perfectly fine.

I guess I don't understand whats wrong and would like to know what it is, its never happened to me before till this past few days.

Hope you can help

Slicky
No need to rush the answer to this..........lol

Slicky
you should check out the post below about "it started while jogging"

Its my and another guy's malaise about our phantom pulled chest musle pains...

Chest pain can be caused by repeated trauma which may have caused an imflammation in the muscles of the chest.  If this is the cause, injections of steroids into the muscles are required.  You can also sprain the muscles of the chest walls and ribs by lifting heavy objects, and doing very strenous activities that overuse the muscles.  Anti-inflammatories may help.  Anxiety and tension may cause pain, especially in the left breast which can last from moments to weeks.  Radicular pain from irritated nerves or arthritis of the ribs may also contribute to pain in the chest which would result in tenderness upon touching. An xray of the chest and ribs help to diagnose this condition. You should see an orthopedist if you suspect any these conditions.  Hope this helps.
The comment you made about spraining a muscle in my rib cage by lifting heavy objects I think answers my question and helps me to know what happened.  I was lift heavy desks and file cabinets into an office over the weekend and yesterday and today I feel like I got kicked in one rib cage by a horse.  It hurts when I turn, lift my arm or bend down to pick something up.  I never realized we had muscles like we do in our rib cage.  I used to be very active and have worked out for years but now have let myself go for a few years.  I have never been sore like this in my rib cage and I thought maybe somehow I damaged a rib.  Hopefully, just a sore muscles before have healed up in a couple of days, this will be better in a couple as well.  Thanks for the comments, SJ