Jogging & Knee Bruising
I have recently starting jogging Monday, Wednesday, Friday on a treadmill at a gym, after not working out for about periord of about 6 months.  I have noticed that I have round bruises on the front of my knees.  Is this normal?  Could it be from strain or the impact of the jogging on the treadmill.  In the last 6 months i have gained 25 pounds, so I am much heavier than I was the last time I jogged.  
Hello!

For supporting your weight and frame when you are jogging I recommend you to jog only on good surfaces with well protected shoes to absorb the shock and to cause minimal pressure to your knee joint. Check the padding of the treadmill and if it is good then continue.

Apply ice packs, take pain killers rest and start in a slow progressive way, increase your jogging time with slower speeds and then after acclimatization slowly and gradually decrease your time with increased intensity and speed.

Continue by losing 400-500 calories a day with a proper nutrition of 1800-2000 calories per day depending on your BMI.

Take care!

Take care!