Exercise & Fitness Community
Knee Locks During Yoga
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Knee Locks During Yoga

When in the sitting position doing Yoga if I bend forward to stretch, my right knee will lock up with a great deal of sudden pain.  It feels like a tendon on the outside on the knee rotates forward and creates this problem.  After a couple of minutes I can slowly move the leg into a straight postion with a good deal of pain.  If I hold the outside of the knee so the tendon can move as I slowly move forward into the yoga position I can prevent the movement, locking and pain.  Do you know of some kind of knee support I can use instead of my hand?  The same thing also happens if sit on a soft surface quickly, while bending my right knee.  
Related Discussions
Hi,
How are you feeling now? Is the problem still persisting? Have you consulted an orthopaedician? What he has said about this?
I think you can use knee caps for this.
Your symptoms are recurring, hence you need to see an orthopaedician to evaluate your case to see if he can intervene and locate a cause for it.
You can discuss with him further line of management.
Bye.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank