Exercise & Fitness Community
Left groin, Hip and outer knee pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Left groin, Hip and outer knee pain

I began experiencing pain in my left outer knee when climbing stairs. About every other day for about a year, I was climbing up and down stairs,2 to 4 times each, equivalant to about three stories.I fell about 2 feet off a platform at work and was jarred quite a bit, it hurt for awhile then the pain went away. I now have left groin pain that radiates to the outer left knee. The groin pain is constant with a burning sensation. No problems when lifting leg straight up. Pain is intense when leg is lifted out to the left and up. I do have some mild arthritis in the outer left hip region. I have been told I have a hip problem and will need hip replacement eventually. It feels like a nerve. Burning pain, in groin area, intensifies when I walk alot. I have had 2 injections in the left hip, to no avail. I take anti-imflamitories, to no avail. Could I have something else going on besides hip problems? This has been going on for about 18 momths now.
I'm not a DR. but my guess is nerve and or disk
If you could research more on Sciatica and see if those symptoms sound accurate to you. Sciatica is a nerve that gets pinched or tightened through injury and tight muscles that causes a radiating pain that shoots down the leg from the hip. I causes some pain in the lower back also, but can usually be treated with accurate stretching. I would recommend to see a sports therapist to help guide you in the right direction for treatment.

Jen