Left groin, Hip and outer knee pain
I began experiencing pain in my left outer knee when climbing stairs. About every other day for about a year, I was climbing up and down stairs,2 to 4 times each, equivalant to about three stories.I fell about 2 feet off a platform at work and was jarred quite a bit, it hurt for awhile then the pain went away. I now have left groin pain that radiates to the outer left knee. The groin pain is constant with a burning sensation. No problems when lifting leg straight up. Pain is intense when leg is lifted out to the left and up. I do have some mild arthritis in the outer left hip region. I have been told I have a hip problem and will need hip replacement eventually. It feels like a nerve. Burning pain, in groin area, intensifies when I walk alot. I have had 2 injections in the left hip, to no avail. I take anti-imflamitories, to no avail. Could I have something else going on besides hip problems? This has been going on for about 18 momths now.
I'm not a DR. but my guess is nerve and or disk
If you could research more on Sciatica and see if those symptoms sound accurate to you. Sciatica is a nerve that gets pinched or tightened through injury and tight muscles that causes a radiating pain that shoots down the leg from the hip. I causes some pain in the lower back also, but can usually be treated with accurate stretching. I would recommend to see a sports therapist to help guide you in the right direction for treatment.

Jen