Exercise & Fitness Community
Left groin, Hip and outer knee pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left groin, Hip and outer knee pain

I began experiencing pain in my left outer knee when climbing stairs. About every other day for about a year, I was climbing up and down stairs,2 to 4 times each, equivalant to about three stories.I fell about 2 feet off a platform at work and was jarred quite a bit, it hurt for awhile then the pain went away. I now have left groin pain that radiates to the outer left knee. The groin pain is constant with a burning sensation. No problems when lifting leg straight up. Pain is intense when leg is lifted out to the left and up. I do have some mild arthritis in the outer left hip region. I have been told I have a hip problem and will need hip replacement eventually. It feels like a nerve. Burning pain, in groin area, intensifies when I walk alot. I have had 2 injections in the left hip, to no avail. I take anti-imflamitories, to no avail. Could I have something else going on besides hip problems? This has been going on for about 18 momths now.